Title: Don’t Know Why
Artist: Norah Jones
Album: Come Away with Me
Tuning: Standard (E A D G)
Tab Author: Pearce Hamblin
- Don’t Know Why was the 1st single and 1st track on Norah Jones’ debut studio album ‘Come Away with Me’.
- The album peaked at number 1 on the US Billboard 200 album charts, with the single reaching at number 30 on the US Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.
- The song itself has been certified Silver in the UK, with sales of over 200,000.
- Come Away with Me has become one of the best selling albums of all time, selling over 27 million records worldwide and is part of an elite club of albums that have reached Diamond status in both the US and Canada, with sales of 11 million and 1 million in their respective countries. The album has also been certified 8x Platinum in the UK with sales of over 2.5 million.
- In the US, Come Away with Me was the 4th best selling album of the 2000-2009 decade and currently sits at number 26 in the all time album charts.
- The album and song both won a combined 6 Grammy Awards at the 2003 ceremony, including Album of the Year and Song of the Year.
- Don’t Know Why is actually a cover song, originally written and composed by Jesse Harris, appearing on the 1999 album ‘Jesse Harris & the Ferdinandos’.